Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sleeping Baby = Happy Parents



Lila continues to baffle our friends as she enjoys sleeping through the night. Amanda wakes here 2-3 times to feed her, but she sleeps soundly almost every evening. This no doubt has made Mommy and Daddy feel refreshed each morning as we tackle the day. I am beginning to see how lucky I am in this regard as many friends are sending me hate mail in jealous rage over her sleep habits.





She wore her orange for her first UT/Bama game on Saturday. It almost worked. I'm trying to convince Amanda to dress her up in the same outfit on Saturday night for good luck against the Gamecocks.



Rick and Cindy Shepard gave us these cool Crab Sunglasses that I put over Lila's eyes to avoid having to watch the Redskins play on Monday Night. Their front office antics read like a storyline from One Life to Live. Sad times in old DC, especially when a football organization can make Congress look like rational thinkers. We look forward to wearing these at the beach next year.



I asked Amanda how many diapers we went through in a day. I was astounded to hear that the number was as high as a finalist in a Krystal eating contest. Now I understand why our friends gave us diapers as baby shower gifts. Many thanks.


Lila Kate is officially 16 days old, or 2..28571 weeks. I've often been confused by how we refer to babies in days, weeks, then months up until their 2nd birthday. I don't refer to my car as 16 months old, or my TV as 37 weeks, but we do with our kids. I will inevitably yield to my wife for the proper disclosure of Lila's age, but am perplexed nonetheless.


Music update to follow in the next blog post, as Lila has been listening to a steady serenade of the baritone part from Angels We Have Heard on High. Daddy went back to choir practice last night, so we're caught up on our Christmas music.


Go Vols,
KP


No comments:

Post a Comment