Sunday, October 18, 2009

Here Comes the Sun

Great to see the sun come out this morning. It was a welcome sight for mom, Lila and me as we went to see Dr. Heather for the third straight day. We got some great news. Not only is Lila almost back to her birth weight, her jaundice has improved so much that we don't have to see Dr. Heather again for three weeks. Thanks to her for the advice and comfort for the new parents.

Lila continues to get many visitors. As I type this, Jeannie and Grandaddy are here to hold her. Since we've been home we've seen Aunt Shannon, Kiki, Pops, Papo, Aunt Melissa, Cathy, Bailey and Abbie Cate, Summer Webb, Grandma and GG, and Andy and John. Abby has appreciated all of the activity, and the visitors have allowed Amanda to nap and me to get some things done around the house.

Music Update: We listened to two selections yesterday, "Statesboro Blues" by the Allman Brothers Band and "Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett. The Allmans were in Knoxville for a concert on Lila's birthday. I've seen the Allmans 11 times and told Lila that wasn't sad to miss them this time around. Dr. Chip did go to the concert and brought me back a nice concert T-shirt to add to my collection. Today we went back a little further than 1965 and liistened to the Second movement of Beethoven's 7th symphony. This work was written as Beethoven was losing his hearing. Very powerful and intense. Most people recognize the first movement of Beethoven's 5th Symphony (da-da-da-duh) or the last movement of his 9th symphony "Ode to Joy". The 7th symphony also has specific significance for Lila. Andy and I listened to this symphony when we put her crib together. Just as the final note sounded at the end of the piece, we put the crib in place.


I'm especially glad today that Lila is sleeping through the Redskins/Chiefs game. The Skins have found a way to lose the worst team in the league for the third time this season. I think I may do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Is this the same Dr Heather I am thinking of? :)

    Allman's and Beethoven. Sounds like Lila and Ava have the same taste in music!

    ReplyDelete