Monday, January 18, 2010

Merry New Year!

Lila's absence from the blogosphere has not gone unoticed over the past few weeks. My apologies for our extended absence. I had plans on updating you all on our lives last week until the abrupt change at the helm of the Mighty football Vols got me incredibly distracted. We are pleased with the hire of Derek Dooley, a man who looks like George Quarles and sounds like Zell Miller. His coaching pedigree is strong, and his coaching and recruting moves thus far have shown much promise. Here's hoping for some great effort this fall from the team.



Now on to the purpose of this prose: Lila Kate. She passed the three month mark last week, although I have told Amanda that I will only refer to her age in weeks as to not get confused. She'll be 14 weeks old tomorrow. She's the size of a Christmas goose, weighing in at 15 pounds. She's babbling, holding her head up, grabbing for toys, all the things that a baby should. She continues to sleep well at night, much to the jealousy of many of our friends. We're excited about her baptism this Sunday and having many family members from near and far there to participate in that special ceremony.



I'm constantly reminded every time I look into my daughter's eyes of the responsibilities that I have, and how lucky I am to be a father, husband, son, and grandson to so many special people. The tragedy in Haiti this past week reminds us not only to help those in need, but be thankful for God's grace. Rather than pout or complain about how bad things are in our lives, I chose to drink from a glass that's half full and treat each day as God's gift to me. Life is too precious to be petty or pessimistic. I have an infant daughter that reinforces that each time she smiles at me.

Life is good today,
KP




01/18/2010 - Lila Kate's reaction when I told her she got to have milk for lunch.




12/31/09- Will Carver, Briarcliff paparazzi, is taken down by Spiderman (aka Cooper Webb). THWWAPPPP!
They are avid followers of the blog. Always good to keep your reading public engaged. That's what Blount Today does for Andy White.



01/17/2010 -Trial run to test stability of newly assembled high chair. Lila Kate likes this shot because it doesn't make her head look as big.




12/31/09- Game night: Hoops win, Hokies loss. But lots of fun with the Wild Webbs and the Carvers. LK hasn't regained interest since Bama loss during week zero.

She looks like a cross between E.T. and the Flying Nun. Thanks to Grandma's camera light for the added special effects!


































No comments:

Post a Comment